More Capacity Added!
Sign up Now
This is a pilot crash course consisting of:
1 hour per week for 3 weeks:
- April 17, 4pm EST
- April 24, 4pm EST
- May 1, 4pm EST
You become both a researcher and an advocate. Become a professional troublemaker.
Background reading: what is Sustainability Literacy?
Fashion—like all global industries—is a complex system that requires dismantling at many levels. In this course we will start with a strong understanding of context; what are we working with here, and lay out the major issues to move towards a system which is Good for the Earth, Good for the People. Solutions come in the form of system design—it’s a form of design thinking applied to systems.
Donate to support Sustainability Literacy
Crash Course Curriculum
- 3 classes
- 1h / week
- Office hours
Goals of the class — How to make a difference?
- Have a strong understanding of context: what are we working with here, fashion is a complex system that requires dismantling at many levels
- Solutions come in form of system designs, it’s a new form of design thinking applied to systems
- You become both a researcher and an advocate
- Become a professional troublemaker
Class 1: Introduction to Sustainability Literacy
- Sustainability 101 / Fashion
- Fashion includes 4 different sector: agriculture, import / export (shipping industry), manufacturing and labor, retail and sales)
- Defining all different systems
Class 2: Fashion & Waste-Led Design
- Circular design
- Material science & process
- Human-Centered Design
Class 3: Fashion & Labor
- Risk analysis with abroad manufacturing OAR (Open Apparel Registry)
- Fair trade
- What is the difference between minimum wage, living wage and fair trade?
Who is the audience?
- The future professional troublemaker in their respective field
- Savvy but uneducated in sustainability